We are excited to announce that we are now part of the AmazonSmile program! Late last year, Amazon released its AmazonSmile Foundation and charity support program, in which 0.5 percent of your eligible Amazon purchases get sent to the charity of your choice. This month, we got Dreams for Orphans on the list!
This is a really exciting opportunity for Dreams for Orphans, and we know it will greatly help our effort to complete and maintain the Pediatric Care Unit in Accra, Ghana. In fact, as we were still completing the registration process, we were already noticing individuals choosing our charity as they shopped! Thank you, Ryan, who was the first Amazon.com customer to support Dreams for Orphans with his purchase!
Here’s how you can help:
- When you are ready to do some shopping at Amazon.com, type “smile.amazon.com” into your browser instead.
- In the search bar that shows up on the page, type “Dreams for Orphans” (it will work even if you don’t include the spaces).
- Click the “Search” button.
- Press the “Select” button next to our charity on the list (it will show that we are based in Seattle, WA)
- You’re ready to shop just like normal!
You need to visit smile.amazon.com each time you shop, if you want to support our charity. Double-check that everything is connected by looking at the top left side of your screen, where you should see “Supporting: Dreams for Orphans” with ‘Supporting’ in orange.
Eligible Amazon.com purchases will provide 0.5 percent to Dreams for Orphans, at no extra cost to you as the customer, and also no cost to Dreams for Orphans.
Your help through AmazonSmile will support our efforts to complete the Pediatric Care Unit at Village of Hope in Accra, Ghana. This facility will provide much-needed care and treatment to infants and children who need it the most.
So the next time you’re going shopping on Amazon.com, visit smile.amazon.com first to choose Dreams for Orphans to receive a portion of your purchase funds!